Ovviamente, quantomeno dal mio punto di vista, Nimbula è stata comprata molto più per l’esperienza che ha maturato negli ultimi anni piuttosto che per i clienti o per il prodotto in se. Oracle sta infatti cercando di dimostrare ai suoi clienti che sul cloud, sia pubblico che privato, fa sul serio… anche se, ammettiamolo, fino ad ora non si è visto granché.
About The Author
I'm a passionate IT professional with 25+ years of industry experience in technical product strategy and management roles, advising Mid-Market and Large Enterprises across numerous industries and software companies ranging from small ISVs to large providers. I'm constantly monitoring how markets evolve, and seeking new ideas and innovative solutions. This has been my passion for several years now, and I love to engage in interesting conversations, share findings, opinions and gather new perspectives from other people in the IT community.
- Heading #VeeamON! 20/05/2019I recorded this episode while driving (sorry about the audio quality, 100% hands free though!) and talked about my expectations for #VeeamON, HPE buying Cray, and the webinars about #dataprotection and #hyperconvergence that I'll be hosting later this week. Enjoy the listen! Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/datadriventalk/message
- Quick comments about @Cohesity acquiring @ImanisData, and @Nutanix Mine 09/05/2019A quick take about Cohesity acquiring Imanis Data and Nutanix entering the secondary data storage market. Data management for structured and unstructured data is one of the hottest topics in the IT industry now. If you like to learn more about unstructured data management please check out my work on Juku.it and GigaOm.com, or join […]
- Cloud File Systems with Jerome McFarland (VP Marketing, Elastifile) 22/10/2018In this episode we talk about cloud file systems, the challenges to build a file service solution for the cloud, most common use cases and Elastifile's product design and implementation. We also talk about a new automated tiering feature introduced by Elastifile with version 3 of its product. Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/datadriventalk/message
- Voices in Data Storage – Episode 15: A Conversation with Chadd Kenney 22/05/2019In this episode Enrico Signoretti discusses NVMe and why it is so important to the storage industry with PureStorage VP of products Chadd Kenney.
- Voices in Data Storage – Episode 14: A Conversation with Avinash Lakshman 08/05/2019In this episode Enrico Signoretti speaks with Avinash Lakshman, founder of Hedvig, about the relationship between data storage and data management.
- Voices in Data Storage: Live from Dell Technologies World 02/05/2019In this special episode of Voices in Data Storage, Enrico Signoretti holds 5 mini-interviews with guests and speakers from the Dell Technologies World Event.