Ovviamente, quantomeno dal mio punto di vista, Nimbula è stata comprata molto più per l’esperienza che ha maturato negli ultimi anni piuttosto che per i clienti o per il prodotto in se. Oracle sta infatti cercando di dimostrare ai suoi clienti che sul cloud, sia pubblico che privato, fa sul serio… anche se, ammettiamolo, fino ad ora non si è visto granché.
About The Author
I'm a passionate IT professional with 25+ years of industry experience in technical product strategy and management roles, advising Mid-Market and Large Enterprises across numerous industries and software companies ranging from small ISVs to large providers. I'm constantly monitoring how markets evolve, and seeking new ideas and innovative solutions. This has been my passion for several years now, and I love to engage in interesting conversations, share findings, opinions and gather new perspectives from other people in the IT community.
- Voices in Data Storage – Episode 6: A Conversation with Zachary Smith of Packet 16/01/2019In this episode Enrico Signoretti talks with Zachary Smith about bare metal cloud, best of breed services, cloud alliances, as well as the benefit of standardizing some of the hardware for cloud implementation.
- Voices in Data Storage – Episode 5: A Conversation with Piergiorgio Spagnolatti of Banca Popolare di Sondrio 02/01/2019In this episode Enrico Signoretti talks with Piergiorgio Spagnolatti about the interaction of the storage backend with front end applications, focusing on banking industy systems in particular.
- Voices in Data Storage – Episode 4: A Conversation with Jason Collier of Scale Computing 19/12/2018In this episode Enrico Signoretti talks with Jason Collier about edge computing, and the benefits it can create from simple setup, to decreases in support cases.
- Voices in Data Storage – Episode 3: A Conversation with Leo Leung of Oracle 12/12/2018In this episode Enrico Signoretti talks with Leo Leung about Oracle's Cloud, comparing and contrasting with its on-site offerings, getting into details of CPU, memory and network.
- Voices in Data Storage – Episode 2: A Conversation with Adrian J. Herrera of Caringo 05/12/2018In this episode Enrico Signoretti talks with Adrian J. Herrera about on-premise object storage, the changes in performance for data interaction, and the benefit of storage tools with features as well as performance.