“How to handle petabyte-scale growth in enterprises” E’ il primo di una serie di report (in Inglese) che ho scritto per GigaOM Research. Riporto qui l’Executive Summary: The unprecedented data growth many enterprises experience today is difficult to predict. Sprawling unstructured data is doubling every 18 to 24 months. Meanwhile, anticipating the number of objects for future storage varies by the application or the device producing the data. A mobile phone currently able to record HD at 1080p, for example, will soon be able to record at 4K (2160p) and 8K UHD (4320p). In addition to video data, sensors...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)