Xsigo is one of the first companies with a real solution to network virtualization and Oracle has done an interesting move acquiring them to reinforce its hardware stack and, once again, it’s interesting to see that they are investing in HW despite the weak sales figures… Oracle loving infiniband isn’t news (and I wholeheartedly agree with them: it’s a great technology). In the last year they launched many products that feature IB and they also have invested in leader companies of this market segment to maintain control grip on its future. Xsigo could be considered as the icing on...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)