X-IO, born in 2007 and based in Colorado Springs (CO), is the result of the fusion of XioTech and the Advanced Storage Architecture division of Seagate (yes, the Hard Disk vendor). It’s not a proper startup actually (XioTech was born in 1995) but it does have most of the characteristics, of which the most important seems to be innovation. In a world of Software-defined everything they have chosen just the opposite direction with a product that relies on a strong hardware architecture and few (if any) software frills… but it doesn’t mean that it isn’t a good solution for...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)