As many of you already know, VMware launched its new core suite last Tuesday, comprising the new vSphere 5, Site Recovery Manager 5, vCloud Director 1.5 and vShield 5. By now everybody already knows about the new licensing and I promised myself that I would not spend time on it, given that almost every blogger in the world already beat the argument to the ground with examples and 'what-if' scenarios, but after a long chat with a guy 'in-the-knows' 🙂 I decided to write something on it before start talking about the product itself and the new ground breaking...Read More
Tag: vmware licensing
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)