Last week I was invited to the IT Press Tour and one of the meeting we had was with Violin Memory and its Executives team. My personal feeling about this two hour brief was very strange. Theoretically I could write great things about Violin but, in practice, Don Basilio (CEO) left a bitter taste in my mouth. About the Ferrari Violin Memory is a startup based in the Silicon Valley that produces Flash based storage arrays. It’s very well financed and they are targeting an IPO for the end of the year. Actually, they are the most important flash...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)