By now everyone and his dog already made a post about VAAI, I would not bother you with an extensive explanation of what is VAAI and why it’s crucial to Virtualization, I will simply refer to a couple of posts that explain its current implementation in details: Duncan Epping Bas Raayman Chad Sakac My focus will be on how I envision to accelerate VAAI even more, enhancing its storage side. To explain my point of view I will do an analogy with a common feature found in storage arrays today: Point-in-Time Copies. Point-in-time copies (sometimes referred to as Snapshots)...Read More
Tag: VAAI @en
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)