A few days ago I stumbled upon this article on ZDNet: “Ubuntu Linux continues to dominate OpenStack and other clouds”. It’s an interesting read and I have to say that I’m contributing to this success with my few websites (they are all on Digital Ocean with Ubuntu Linux – I didn’t actually choose the OS because pre-configured WordPress droplets comes with Ubuntu). In any case, these numbers are indisputable but I have just one doubt. How many of those OpenStack and “other clouds” instances are contributing to Ubuntu revenues? As far as I know, not that much. I, for...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)