Automated storage tiering is one of the most discussed storage array features during the past year. It means the ability of the storage array to move chunks of data between different disks types and raid levels to meet the right balance between performance and space usage avoiding the so called hot-spots. This article will not point out which one is the best, my objective is to do a 360° review of all the most important metrics you need to evaluate in different ATS implementations when you look at them. Read the whole article at The Register…...Read More
Tag: The Register
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)