The original title of this article was “NAS is dead” but I thought that it was too strong, and it wasn’t my idea to restart some polemics about an article posted some weeks ago. In any case, everyone working in IT knows that the concept of death has many meanings (e.g.: also mainframes and tapes have been declared dead many times!). BTW, the goal here is to talk about a very touchy topic: internal dropbox-like services for enterprises. Last week I spent a couple of days with a primary storage vendor talking about object storage. We talked about many...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)