That’s bad news for me! Sun Ray will cease to exist soon. In the early 2000s we (me and my former colleague Fabio) managed some successful projects with Sun Rays but then it became more and more complicated to support end users and we left. I know, nowadays it is quite an unusable product. But It the ’90s and early 2000s it was a great piece of technology, ahead of its time. End users appreciated it for the security, ease of management and resiliency of the environment. It’s not a coincidence that first customers were banks and the army....Read More
Tag: Sun Ray
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)