Yesterday, after the launch of 3PAR StoreServ 7450, David Scott announced a second product: StoreOnce VSA. What is it? StoreOnce is a series of VTLs (virtual tape libraries) with all the features that you can expect from these kind of enterprise products: deduplication, remote replication, scalability and so on. The features that I love the most about them are the scale-out capabilities, federation and the ability to enable, through a software option, deduplication at the client side too (useful to optimize network traffic and speed up backups). Use case The StoreOnce VSA is the second VSA (virtual storage appliance)...Read More
Tag: StoreOnce VSA
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)