In the last two/three years I’ve talked a lot about “Flash & Trash”. A two tier storage strategy to cope at best with the increasing demand of high IOPS and low latency from primary applications on the one side and high capacity, associated with throughput at times, on the other. This kind of need depends on the type of applications you are running but also on the fact that it is quite difficult to find a balance between $/IOPS and $/GB on a single system. The problem of $/GB There are two kinds of $/GB: TCA (total cost of...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)