Last week I attended Storage Field Day 3, and I met some interesting companies that are looking at Flash to build hybrid solutions. Looks like 100% flash products are still too expensive for the rest of us and hybrid is gaining more and more attention by the end users. The easiest, and probably most efficient, way to implement flash in the hybrid world is to use it for caching purposes. In practice, flash on the front-end acting as a big lung used to leverage a relatively slow back-end made of mechanical disks. Long story short: a relatively small amount...Read More
Tag: Starboard Storage
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)