Well, I don’t know if the first impression is always the right one, but in this case it holds true. I met Violin’s CEO, Don Basile, almost two years ago and the meeting was horrible. Since then, I have always been triyng to figure out why they feel to be so “superior”. It’s now clear that I’m not the only one that isn’t buying their story! Hopefully now some humble pie will do them good and help them to restart with a different spirit. The product is amazingly good from the hardware perspective, but nowadays that’s just not enough....Read More
Tag: SSD @en @it
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)