I’m only the last one commenting on what I consider the news of the week: Microsoft SQL for Linux. It’s huge news indeed, and it is perfectly aligned with the new Microsoft. Windows Operating System, both the client and the Server (and Mobile if it would count), are no longer the core business for Microsoft, the Cloud is! And this is why their strategy is all about giving you as many options as possible to consume their cloud services (Azure and Office 365). Just to make it clear, Linux counts for 25% of Azure instances and Linux is relevant,...Read More
Tag: SQL Server
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)