And I’m not talking about a new tape standard, a new drive or a new library either! I’m talking about technology and software to make tapes more usable in this computing era. As I wrote in one of my recent posts, today the biggest problem with tape is that it is a sequential media in a world of random requests… but it sounds like Spectra Logic is working to change that! Tapes and object storage Two days ago, during the Spectra Summit in Denver (CO), Spectra Logic announced the new DS3 (Deep Simple Storage Service) and, as the name...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)