In this world of virtualization and clouds this piece of news about Spectralogic is quite interesting. Spectralogic posted a +9% year on year sales increase (and an impressive +14% about enterprise tape libraries sales!). I expect SpectraLogic will also announce something new next week (an integrated disk/tape product?) and I’ll be there to have the news straight from the horse’s mouth. I recently wrote a couple of blogs on the role of tapes and the evolution of disks (especially in the field of cold storage) and next week I’ll have access to more information to get more of a...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)