Yesterday I was in a briefing with Kevin Brown (CEO of Coraid) we were talking about the latest news from his company when he said something like this: “in the past people managed small data in big boxes, now they are managing big data in [many] small boxes”. I couldn’t agree more, I dug into this statement and this post is the result of my thoughts. The trend is looking watertight: vendors that are working on next generation storage architectures are building their products on few, but fundamental pillars. Commodity, strong parallelization/scale-out, Flash, ethernet, software and APIs. After the...Read More
Tag: Software defined network
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)