This is the second article of a short series about Object Storage (here is the fist one) with the intent is to give a brief introduction about each Object Storage player. As I mentioned earlier this is not a comparison between products but rather an attempt to give the reader the idea of the number of solutions available and how they are positioned. In the first article I talked about Amplidata, Caringo, Cleversafe, Claudian. Today I’m going to write about Data Direct Networks WOS, EMC Atmos, Hitachi Data Systems HCP, Inktank Ceph, NetApp StoreGRID, OpenStack Swift and SwiftStack, Scality...Read More
Tag: Scality RING
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)