A few days ago EMC announced that it will be releasing the ViPR code to the opensource community. You may think this is commendable, but I don’t think this is the case. I’ve seen similar moves many times in the past and they’ve all had similar results: indifference and oblivion. Open source is good This is not a post against Open source. Open source is a great thing and it usually brings a lot of innovation. Many startups, and some established primary vendors, have chosen open source as a strategy and it is quite amazing to see how successful...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)