In these days some Industry pundits are wondering about the future of NAS and of some primary NAS vendors (a couple of blogs are worth a read, here and here). From my POV traditional NAS is dead (and I mean dead as per mainframes or tapes… so, don’t get me wrong about this post!). At the same time NAS is alive and kicking, it’s literally evolving into something new and will continue to be part of all Data Centers. End user needs are dramatically changing but, as always, processes and applications that are already in place cannot be modified....Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)