This morning I watched a presentation from EMC about new (VNX, ViPR) and future products (Project Nile). The presentation was quite interesting, especially the part about the VNX Lotus F1 special edition (I’m kidding of course)… but Nile lit up my curiosity and I think that it could be an intriguing product. Shadow IT The shadow IT phenomenon has always been present but now it is becoming more and more important. In practice, Shadow IT, refers to all those IT projects that are somehow hidden or out of control of the IT department. Setting budget control issues aside of...Read More
Tag: Project Nile
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)