One of the many announcements at last Apple WWDC was around a home speaker that looks very similar to Amazon Echo or Google home. Shape apart, it’s been positioned as just a music speaker with limited AI functionalities. This has disappointed many people, but there is a reason for it… it’s all about data. Aratificial Intelligence and Machine Learning need data Google, Amazon and Microsoft are furiously competing to take the market lead on the next wave of compute. Google is buying AI startups like crazy and has great AI-based applications, Amazon has been developing an entire ecosystem around...Read More
Tag: Machine Learning
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)