Modern scale-out architectures need good node interconnection, that’s a fact. 10Gbit Ethernet is quickly becoming the standard and 40Gbit is just around the corner. This is what is happening in the traditional enterprise datacenter. Does it make sense to think about something different? And if so, what should we target in the next future? What is a scale-out infrastructure? My quote from a recent paper I wrote: “Scalability is the capability of an IT system to be enlarged to sustain a growing amount of work that needs to be managed. There are two types of scalability: vertical (scale-up) and...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)