A couple of weeks ago, during Storage Field Day 5, I had the opportunity to learn more about interesting “new” technologies set to have a tremendous impact on future infrastructures development: Flash and RAM. I’m not kidding! It could sound weird but it’s not about the technology itself rather how it can now be used to build next generation infrastructures. Yesterday In legacy environments scale-up architectures were the standard and, to obtain performance, you had to add resources (CPU, RAM, Disks, etc.) into the same box. The problem is that when you have filled up the box (A server,...Read More
Tag: in-memory @en
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)