A few days ago I spent a couple of hours with Syneto, a small European storage vendor who is developing ZFS based storage appliances. I have to admit that I was skeptical before this meeting, but eventually I really enjoyed the conversation and the product demo under many aspects. First of all, European! Syneto is based in Europe with offices in Italy and Romania. The CEO, Marco Lorenzi, is in Italy with sales and marketing teams while the R&D is led by Dan Văcta (CTO) and, Vadim Comănescu (VP of engineering) in Romania. We are talking about a small...Read More
Tag: illumos @en
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)