I met NEC a few weeks ago during Storage Field Day 6. As always when I talk to a giant Japanese IT company I feel great respect for their technology but at the same time, I have to admit that they seem distant from western user needs and the risk is that they remain irrelevant. My impression We got the chance to look at two different products: the M-Series array series and HYDRAstor. The first looks old while the latter has a great untapped potential. If you look at spec sheets, features, configurations, models and so on, the M-series...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)