Looking at the outcome of Oracle Open World, it would seem AWS is public enemy number 1 for Oracle. And yes, I understand we all have to think big and my father, a long time merchant, has always told me “you can always lower [the price tag]”… but, sometimes, keeping your feet on the ground helps to face the situation more realistically. Lack of innovation The biggest difference between Oracle and AWS today is not about the cost of the single VM instance, or the features of the single DB. AWS has an entire ecosystem full of innovative services...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)