The success of services like AWS Lambda, Azure Functions or Google Cloud Functions is indisputable. It’s not for all use cases, of course, but the technology is intriguing, easy to implement and developers (and sysadmins!) can leverage it to offload some tasks to the infrastructure and automate a lot of operations that, otherwise, would be necessary to do at the application level, with a lower level of efficiency. The code ( a Function) is triggered by events and object storage is perfect for this. Why object storage Object storage is usually implemented with a shared-nothing scale-out cluster design. Each...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)