Yesterday I spotted this article on the register. It shows a graph with the trend of storage sales growth for some of the major vendors. In this case, storage means external storage and there are no doubts that NetApp and EMC (and HDS?), pure storage players, are doing better than HP, Dell and IBM (generalists) but, at the same time, I’m not sure that looking at “external storage” is still the right way to measure the real success of storage vendors… So I’m going to add some personal considerations. A different way to measure success Last week I attended...Read More
Tag: external storage
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)