The short answer is No… Well, at least not in 99% of the cases. Last week at #TFDX, during VMworld, I met Violin Memory. A company which was a pioneer in Flash storage, but is now struggling because it has lost some of its credibility due to the lack of a decent feature set (I’m referring to data services, integration with hypervisors and OSes and so on). They are catching up on features (with the Concerto 7000 family)… But, by looking at their revenues… they’re still in dire straights. Perhaps, this is more of a marketing problem than a...Read More
Tag: EMC DSSD
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)