Lately I have been writing a lot about the role of flash memory and disk drives in the future of storage infrastructures (here and here a couple of examples). And latest news is simply confirming that it will be all about Flash for primary workloads and Object Storage (and disks) for the rest. Reality is that Flash is quickly becoming already a no-brainer when it comes to IOPS per GB in primary data scenarios, but pure capacity is a totally different thing and it will continue to be deployed through disks for a long time yet. Even if you...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)