A few days ago FalconStor announced a new solution based on two of its products: VTL (Virtual tape Library) and FDS (File-interface Deduplication System). It’s called Optimized Backup & Deduplication 8.0 (it’s clear that imagination doesn’t live here! 😉 ). The product itself is an evolution of something that was already available but there is something more that makes me think about and confirms a certain evolution in backup products. Two words on FalconStor FalconStor, founded in 2000, has a long and troubled history but at the same time has good products and, lately, it has been showing increased...Read More
Tag: deduplication @en
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)