A few days ago I attended Spectrasummit, the annual event that Spectra Logic organizes for analysts, journalists and bloggers. It’s my third year in a row at this event and I have to say that it has always been worthwhile. A (different) tape company Tape vendors are very few in number now: Oracle (StorageTek), IBM and Spectra Logic (anyone else?). The market is quite static and the only thing that actually happens each other year is a new tape generation (just more space and throughput)… and that’s it. Spectra does have some interesting products though, like the Tfinity which...Read More
Tag: Black Pearl
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)