A couple of days ago, Microsoft launched, among other things, an appliance built in partnership with Dell that brings a full functioning Azure environment to your Data center. I haven’t dug deep enough into the technical details but the idea looks very interesting and it has the potential to become successful. Not the first time In the past, Microsoft has already tried offering an Azure-like private platform to big service providers, but it seems the project didn’t go over very well (or better, I haven’t heard anything for a while). This time round, the idea is to go directly...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)