I think Amazon has finally released what can be considered one of the most interesting enhancements to its cloud in the last few years. Not a price cut, not the next Uber-super feature for the DevOps, but a basic functionality which has been available in on-premeises virtual infrastructures for many years now: VM high availability! After the long debate about “Pets and cattle”, now your cattle look more like pets… and this will allow to migrate legacy apps to the public cloud more quickly and smoothly than before. About Auto Recovery for EC2 The AWS official blog describes it...Read More
Tag: auto recovery
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)