Rumour has it Nutanix is talking to Pernix Data about a possible acquisition. It could be a good thing for them and, of course, their customers. All DCs are brown fields If Nutanix’s masterplan is to become the management platform for any datacenter, they have to expand their product line. They are already at it, as I wrote a few weeks ago, but it could be necessary to do more and faster to fuel the growth the market expects from them. The technical reason is simple. Now they can manage HCI, physical workloads (thanks to the introduction of iSCSI...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)