Last week I attended SFD9 and the last session of the week was with VMware about VSAN 6.2. This post is not a review of the product or an analysis about single features, there are plenty of them already. In this article I’d like to talk about what a product like VSAN 6.2 means for the entire SDS/HCI market. 6.2 The new version was launched a few weeks ago and it’s an evolution of the product originally launched less than 2 years ago (VSAN follows vSphere version numbering, which means this is actually version 2.2 and not 6.2). But...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)