I’m quite impressed by the latest 3PAR model: 4PB of raw flash and up to 3M IOPS for the 20850. (WOW!). I know that it will be beaten by the next model of another vendor (not that soon maybe) but it is impressive nonetheless. It’s more than just the 20800 In fact, HP keeps adding features and new functionalities to their entire product line-up on an on-going basis through software updates to the OS. An improved remote replication feature that looks like a semi-synchronous (or “best effort” sync) replication. Particularly useful for Flash environments where the bandwidth/latency isn’t enough...Read More
The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not (necessarily) those of any current, future or former client or employer. As I reserve the right to review my position based on future evidence, they may not even reflect my own views by the time you read them. Protip: If in doubt, ask.
- 006- Introduction to Computational Storage (w/ Scott Shadley, VP of Marketing at NGD Systems)
- 005- Data Storage for Containers (with Alex Chircop, CTO and founder of StorageOS)
- 004- What's new in Data Protection Management? (with Chris Wahl, Chief Technologist at Rubrik)
- 003- Storage for Service Providers (with Boyan Ivanov, CEO and co-founder of Storpool)
- 002 - NAS consolidation and private cloud storage (with Andy Hardy, EMEA VP at Nasuni)